The Campaign for New York Health is seeking volunteer organizers to implement a critical piece of our movement building strategy: documenting healthcare stories and testimonials.
Through one-on-one statewide Outreach Canvassing using the New York Health Access Survey, we are learning about the health care stories and struggles in our community and inviting our friends and neighbors to join the fight for health care for all.
Sign up below to volunteer for Outreach Canvassing in your community. The Campaign for New York Health can connect you to other activists in your community and help you organize a local outreach team.
Outreach Canvassing materials can be found here: http://www.nyhcampaign.org/canvassing
Preparing for Outreach Canvassing: Check the Calendar for an upcoming training or review the following video trainings:
- Storytelling to Build the Movement for Health Care for All January 11, 2018
- Outreach Using the Health Access Survey Sept 14, 2017
- Base-Building and Canvassing: Learning from the Maine Health Care is a Human Right Campaign July, 17, 2017
Outreach Canvassing Team Leader Responsibilities:
- completes a Base Building and Canvassing Training in person or virtually.
- understands the role of the survey and canvassing to building a base of support for New York Health.
- schedules outreach canvassing day and identifies geographic turf for door to door canvassing
- works with the Regional Coordinator and the Campaign for NY Health to recruit canvassers to participate in canvassing days
- commits to preparing organizing materials for other volunteers (scripts, surveys, petitions, half sheet fliers)
- commits to submitting canvassing results to Campaign for NY Health
Do not hesitate to contact [email protected] with questions or ideas on how to use the Health Access Survey in your community.
Once you fill out this page, you will receive an email with materials and you will be taken to a page to register your Outreach Canvassing event. Thank you for stepping up!